Sunday, August 4, 2013

Friendship

Friendship between women is a wonderful thing!  I have been really blessed with some special ladies in my life.  As a young child, I was pretty much a loner.  I didn’t want to be that way.  For reasons I won’t go into because it won’t change the past, I never seemed to be able to form a lasting closeness.  For years I thought it was something lacking in my personality, but as I have aged, I realize I have a large capacity to love sharing time with other women with same or similar interests as myself.

I always loved working with my hands & have tried many crafts & have made many wonderful friendships through those crafting classes.  In recent years, I have formed some very strong friendships with women who create wonderful jewelry & I feel truly happy to spend any time I can with them.  We feed off of each others creativity & encourage each other, share knowledge & laugh a lot!  As I age I realize that I need more time to develop & nourish strong friendships. This is my goal for my retirement  - nourish my friendships, old & new, by spending as much time as I have left  sharing stories, meals, music, talents & support.  I feel that this is more important to me  than anything.  That is, other than spending time with my family who always come first in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment